Over the past few years the business world has seen a drastic shift towards digital. Companies are pouring more money in to online marketing every year. Many even say that print advertising is dead. This is simply not true. But it opens an excellent opportunity for your company. With more companies focusing on digital marketing than ever before, the opportunity to expand your brand with traditional marketing is huge. Here are some surprising print advertising statistics.
- Over 40% of consumers have made a purchase in the last 3 months due to a direct mail piece they received.
- With the new focus on digital ads, consumers are receiving less direct mail ads. This is opening a huge opportunity to stick out from the competition. Today, mailboxes are empty and email inboxes are more crowded than ever. A direct mail piece is more noticeable than ever now.
- Over 50% of Millennials pay attention to print ads
- Although millennials are known as being a digital generation, studies have shown that they actively pay attention to print ads. A company targeting millennials will separate themselves with print advertising.
- 56% of direct mail is read by recipients
- This is the highest open rate by any form of marketing. Due to the infrequency of direct mail pieces people are taking the time to look at the ones they are receiving. Therefore, this is the best way to get consumer attention.
- Over 55% of all consumers trust print marketing more than any other advertising method
- Consumers do not generally trust advertising. However, print advertising is trusted more. And 70 percent of consumers find print advertising to be more personal. This makes it a stronger appeal to a potential consumer.
To compete in today’s competitive market, it is important to have a marketing strategy that works. Make sure real facts back your strategy. Now integrate print advertising in to the marketing plan.
InfoTrends, Direct Marketing Production Printing & Value-Added Services: A Strategy for Growth, December 2015.
Quad Graphics, Millennials: An Emerging Consumer Powerhouse, December 2015.
2014 DMA Fact Book
All Business: https://www.allbusiness.com/print-marketing-is-not-dead-20463-1.html