Do you have a marketing event coming up? A trade show or business expo? This list of 5 essential items will help you stand out from the competition.
Trying to stand out at a large marketing event can be overwhelming. It can seem like an impossible task when you are next to fifty other booths that look just like yours. But there is no need to feel discouraged. There are plenty of ways you can set up your booth to stand out from the crowd.
- The first thing to consider is the booth itself. At most business trade shows you will not have much control over the physical set up of your booth. Many times, you will not even know the exact set up until you are there. But one thing you can count on is some sort of table or countertop. So, having a good custom table cover is a great idea. Have it be your companies’ colors and have a large logo on it. This immediately gives your both a more professional appearance and separates you from a number of the booths that will be using the plain table cover.
- The next thing to consider is what signage you want around your booth. If there is a wall in the back, then a vinyl sign is perfect but if you are unclear of your setup then a retractable banner is best. A well-designed retractable banner or two are perfect for an added sense of professionalism at a marketing event. Also consider bringing some smaller tabletop signs to put on the edges of your booth. These can be used for information about services or they can simply be used for branding. You want to have your logo all over your booth to make yourself more memorable to all potential customers.
- Another huge factor in your booth presentation is your own uniform. Do you have company shirts with logos? If so, these are perfect for all marketing events. It may not seem like a big deal but it is another piece that adds to growing your brands strength.
- The previous 3 suggestions have focused on brand building and setting yourself apart from the crowd. This one is focused on getting people to approach your booth. A giveaway does not have to be something huge, it can be a desert or a gift card to your business. But make sure that to enter the giveaway they need to drop a business card in a bowl or fill out a contact sheet. This is a great way to collect information on future leads from the trade show.
- Now that you have the potential customer at your booth you need to have the correct information for them. You should talk with the person showing interest and see exactly what information might benefit them, rather than flooding them with all of your brochures at once. That being said, you still need to have all the necessary information to fit any need that arises. Bring brochures, flyers, catalogs, postcards, and most importantly business cards. Make sure that everyone who leaves your trade show booth leaves with your contact information in hand.
We know that standing out at a trade show can seem like an overwhelming task. But hopefully if you follow these suggestions above, you will have no problem grabbing attention at your next event.