A brochure is an excellent way to give more information about your company or services. But how do you design a brochure? Here are some steps to get you started on creating this important piece of marketing material.
Before you begin creating your brochure there are a few things that you will need.
- A high-resolution company logo is vital to your brochure. This will appear throughout the different sections so a strong logo is important.
- High-resolution images are critical as well. Pick a few that represent your company and services and make sure that they will show up well in print form. Many pictures that look good on a computer do not print well. Check with your designer to see if your images will work or if they will come out blurry.
- This is the text you will use to describe either your company or the service that you are advertising. It should include an about section, service information, and contact details.
Now that you have your checklist you will begin to create the brochure.
- First you will need to decide on the layout of your brochure. The two most popular are bi-fold and tri-fold. If your goal is to show a lot of detailed information, then a tri-fold will work best. If you are planning to show a few large pictures then stick with the bi-fold.
- Next you will select a template for your content. There are many different templates you can find online or a designer can design your own for you. Stick to colors and a layout that matches your brand image.
- Now you are ready to begin to insert your content. Use multiple images and sections to separate your different information. Do not overload the customer with too much information or they will not read it. Stick to short brief descriptions whenever possible.
- Finally you are ready to select your paper grade. Choose a stock that fits with your style. If the brochure is meant to be reusable then make sure it is a sturdy stock. And consider a glossy finish to keep marks and stains off.